Sea buckthorn mazarin with berries and white chocolate
This cake can do almost everything.
The cake itself is spongy and with a wonderful taste of sea buckthorn and marzipan. You can use raspberries or other frozen berries, blueberries, blackcurrants, sea buckthorn or blackberries, depending on what you have in the freezer.
And then the golden surface with white chocolate is just the icing on the cake.
It is mixed together in 15 minutes, it could hardly be easier. Maybe it will also become your new favorite cake.
NB: very easy to make gluten-free if you know someone who does not feel well with gluten.
You will need:
150g of sugar
150g soft butter
40g buckwheat flour
40g almond flour
or 80g wheat flour
1 tsp. vanilla sugar
1 tsp. salt
3/4 dl 100% sea buckthorn juice
100g frozen berries
100g white chocolate
Here's how you do it:
- First, you stir sugar, butter and marzipan together to a uniform mass.
- Turn on the oven at 180 degrees.
- Then stir in one egg at a time.
- The dry ingredients are mixed, i.e. flour, vanilla sugar and salt.
- Now you mix flour and sea buckthorn juice into the dough and stir well again until you have a uniform dough.
- Chop the white chocolate, divide it into two portions and fold one into the dough.
- Place baking paper in a round springform pan and spread the dough evenly.
- Spread the frozen berries over the cake and press them lightly into the dough, not all the way to the bottom.
- Sprinkle the last portion of chocolate over the entire cake.
- Bake it in the middle of the oven at 180 degrees for approx. 40 minutes or until golden on the surface.
Allow the cake to cool before cutting.
There will be 8-10 fine pieces and it is just as good the next day.