This is the ultimate harvest cake and you can decorate it with fresh sea buckthorn, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries or strawberries. And the sweet, juicy base, which is baked on almond flour in combination with the sea buckthorn cream and the tart berries, is a really good mix. And even though it is a 'harvest cake' intended for fresh berries, it can also be made with berries from the freezer.
Ingredients for the cream:
1/2 vanilla pod
150 g of sugar
1.5 dl milk
20 g cornstarch
2 dl whipping cream
Ingredients for the base:
150 g. almond flour
50 g icing sugar
50 g. rice flour or wheat flour
200 g. soft butter
200 g of sugar
1/2 dl. 100% sea buckthorn juice
100 g dark chocolate
And berries of your choice for decoration.
Here's how you do it:
- Split the vanilla pod in half and mash out the pith together with a little of the sugar.
- Whisk vanilla, sugar, cornstarch, milk and eggs together.
- Heat the sea buckthorn juice in a small saucepan and add the cream/egg glaze while whisking.
- Heat the cream through while whisking until it thickens.
- The cream is poured into a bowl and film is placed directly on the cream to avoid condensation.
- Refrigerate the cream until completely cold, 2-3 hours.
- Before serving, whip the whipped cream, which is then mixed with the sea buckthorn cream for the most delicious cake cream. Turn around until smooth.
- Turn on the oven at 180 degrees
- Beat the soft butter and sugar together.
- Then beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and fold them into the batter together with the sea buckthorn juice. Turn around until the dough is completely smooth and uniform.
- Grease or line a springform pan (approx. 24 cm) with baking paper and spread the dough in an even layer.
- The cake is baked in the middle of the oven at 180 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, finely chop the chocolate so that it is ready for the cake to be taken out of the oven.
- As soon as the cake is taken out, you sprinkle the chopped chocolate over the hot cake and when it has been for a moment you can spread it smooth and let the cake cool completely.
- Then spread the sea buckthorn cream on the cake and decorate with your favorite berries or berries that can be harvested now or some summer berries from the freezer.