Sea buckthorn cheese
Lemon fromage is a classic from the 'old days'. I remember it best myself from my grandmother and probably haven't had it since, but now it's here in a sea buckthorn version and it's a new favorite in the house.
6 nice portions
You will need:
- 4 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 sheets house air
- 2.5 dl. whipping cream
- 100g. sugar
- 1 DL. 100% sea buckthorn juice
Here's how you do it
- Soak husblas in a bowl of cold water for approx. 10 minutes
- Beat the egg whites stiff
- Whip the cream until frothy in another bowl
- Beat sugar and egg yolks to a fluffy cream.
- Place the soaked husblas in a small pot, preferably with the water that remains.
- Melt it on low heat, it only takes a moment and it should not bubble.
- Stir the sea buckthorn juice together with the cottage cheese in a thin stream.
- Now stir the husblas/sea buckthorn together with the egg cream.
- Fold the whipped cream into the mixture and stir until completely smooth.
- Finally, fold the stiff egg whites into the mixture and carefully turn around until everything is evenly distributed and there are no lumps.
- Divide the fromage into 6 serving glasses or use a large bowl.
- Cover with film and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Before serving, decorate with soft whipped cream and chopped dark chocolate.