Panna Cotta with sea buckthorn
We have given the traditional Italian dessert panna cotta a Nordic twist with sea buckthorn and they complement each other incredibly well. Panna cotta is a quick dessert that you can make in advance and then it looks really nice with the beautiful contrast.
For 4 people:
- 4 dl. cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 50 g of sugar
- 3 leaves house air
- 4 tablespoons sea buckthorn jam
- white or dark chocolate for decoration or dried sea buckthorn flakes
- Split the vanilla bean and mash the grains into a little of the sugar.
- Soak husblas in cold water
- Heat the cream, sugar and vanilla until almost boiling
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir the husblas into the cream
- Pour the panna cotta through a sieve and divide it into 4 glasses and put them in the fridge for 1-2 hours
- The marmalade is quickly heated in a small pan, it just needs to be liquid
- It is then carefully spread over the panna cotta, which is put back in the fridge. If you want a completely glossy surface, be careful when you pour the hot jam over it, so that it doesn't make 'holes' in the vanilla cream.
- Before serving, decorate if necessary. with chocolate or dried sea buckthorn flakes.
If you don't have sea buckthorn jam in the fridge, you can also use sea buckthorn juice, and then stiffen it with a little house air. If you have pure sea buckthorn juice, remember to sweeten it otherwise it won't work.
Sea buckthorn jam has both sweetness and a wonderful sourness that works really well with the creamy vanilla flavor in the cream. Panna cotta is a dessert that most people like, both children and adults.