Sea buckthorn spinner
The recipe for these delicious sea buckthorn rolls is from Julie Karla's cookbook 'Venindemad' and we have been allowed to share it because they have been developed with our jam.
This recipe makes approx. 15 pcs.
You will need the following:
20 g of yeast
250 g lukewarm milk
approx. 525 g wheat flour
60 g of sugar
2 teaspoons ground cardamom
5 g flaked salt
75 g soft butter
100 g marzipan
75 g soft butter
150 g good sea buckthorn jam
1/2 dl water
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg for brushing
4 tablespoons granulated sugar
Possibly. sea buckthorn flakes for decoration
Course of action:
- Crumble the yeast into the milk in a bowl, and stir well until it is dissolved and add the egg.
- Mix wheat flour, sugar, cardamom and salt in another bowl. Crumble the butter into it. Mix it all together and knead the dough thoroughly on the table until it is soft and smooth.
- Sprinkle some flour in a bowl and put the dough in. Place a cloth over it and let the dough rise for approx. 2 hours until it is double in size.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling. Grate the marzipan on a grater and mix it together with the soft butter. Fold in the sea buckthorn marmalade.
- Turn on the oven at 200 degrees. Roll out the dough on a floured board into a rectangle of approx. 30 x 50 cm. Spread the remonce all over the dough.
- Now fold a third of the dough on the long side towards the middle. Also fold the opposite side over the dough, so that there are now 3 layers. Roll out the dough a little with the rolling pin.
- Cut the dough into strips of approx. 2.5 cm width. Cut through each strip, but not all the way through. There must be approx. 2 cm at the top that still hangs together.
- Twist the two strips that are connected around each other and then roll this into a snail and fold the end under the dough.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet with baking paper. Cover with cling film and then a tea towel and let them rise for approx. 30 minutes.
- Brush the rolls with beaten egg and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake the rolls for 20 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Heat the sugar and water in a small saucepan and let the sugar melt completely. Take it off the heat and brush the warm swirls with the sugar coating. Immediately sprinkle with sea buckthorn flakes so they stick.